Devops is a software development strategy that bridges the gap between the development and operations teams of the company. However, it can thus be concluded that DevOps is a combination of two keywords that is development and operations. It might be said that DevOps is moreover a philosophy of how to make your client’s website or product more accessible to the users. The development team as well as operations team sync together to provide the resulting product smoothly to it’s users. Now let’s understand the roles of the both teams. The development team designs the features as well as tests them to identify whether it is fine or not. However, the operations team manages the server configuration as well as trafficking faced by the application or website.
Git is an open source decentralized version control system for code management. It is highly scalable and supports non-linear development. With Git, techies can save different software projects and make a copy it as well and if something goes wrong, they can easily revert back to the previous project where everything was going right. A Git repository tracks all the changes made to all the project files and keeps the entire revision history. Git simply helps to create safe points of the projects so if something goes wrong with the other project you don’t need to worry. There are a lot of geek business companies that prefers Git.
Why Git ?
- With Git you work on your local repository and only committing to the central repository more often which makes it faster to commit.
- Git repository keeps the track of the changes you did to each and every file as well as builds history of the same.
- Git facilitates you to revert back to the previous versions if something went wrong.
Dockers is a containerized tool which can be installed on any operating system and enables us to create, run and manage containers on a single computer. Dockers has been the best container platform since its launch in 2003, however even today Dockers has been the life saver tool for the developers. Docker allows you to create absolutely secured containers. These containers wrap up the entire code and are absolutely portable. we can move this container in the other operating system without causing any defect or changes. It’s going to work exactly like how it worked on the first developer’s computer.
Why Docker ?
Docker is widely use among the top notch companies as:
- Docker facilitates to run more applications on the same hardware than other tools.
- Docker facilitates to develop ready-to-run containered applications.
- Managing as well as deploying applications is much easier with Docker.
- Docker provides easy, simple and faster configurations. Users can take their own configurations, put it into code and deploy it in real time.
Jenkins is an open source automation tool used to build and test the software projects making it easier for the developers to make any for the changes in the project. Jenkins work with any programming language and from multiple platforms which involve Windows, Linus and MacOS. Jenkins is completely free and written in Java. It is a server based application and requires a web server like Apache and Tomcat.
Why Jenkins ?
- It increases the scale of automation.
- Jenkins provides an easy configuration. It helps users to deploy code instantly.
- Jenkins works with different Operating Systems such as OS X, Windows or Linux.
- Building, deploying and automating across various platforms is much easier with Jenkins as it provides rich plugin ecosystem.
Kubernetes is a container-based infrastructure offering cloud-native application deployment and management anywhere and everywhere. If traffic to a container is high, kubernetes distribute the network traffic so that the deployment is stable. Kubernetes is extremely portable and manages to store your highly sensitive information.
Why Kubernetes ?
- Kubernetes offers scalability, portability and much easier deployment
- Kubernetes is an open source tool to deploy, scale, manage and automate containerized cloud-native applications.
- Kubernetes Clusters abstract their prime computing resources and allows users to deploy containerized applications and workloads to the entire cluster.
Ansible is an open source tool acquired by Red Hat in 2015 that gives the ability to control and configure multiple servers from one single location therefore instead of going to each server and manually configuring them you can automate all of your tools. Ansible reduces human error as well as scales quickly for demand. It automates application deployment which serves as another benefit of the same. Ansible only requires SSH access to run commands on the servers that it manages compared to the alternative tools which require to install an agent on all the servers in order to communicate with them.
Ansible is a go-to tool for the users as:
- It is easy to learn.
- It is an easy version controlled tool.
- It do not require additional infrastructure.
- It provides an effective and faster automation.
Puppet is a popular open source configuration management and deployment tool which either runs in a client server mode or in a solo mode. It does not contact server. It maintains the state specified in the code. Puppet can run on Linux, Windows, IBM mainframes, Cisco switches, and MacOS servers to pull the strings on multiple application servers at the same time. It is an easy to learn programming language which makes it quite accessible and dependable devOp tool. Ruby community initially started using puppet as a programming language (DSL). This DSL allows users to automate code into reusable modules that can be applied to multiple use cases.
- Puppet provides fast and easy deployment, management and automation.
- It is supported by a wide range of platforms such as Microsoft Windows and Linux to pull the strings on multiple application servers at one time.
- Puppet abstracts the computing resources allowing the description of a server configuration.
- Puppet provides a way to define infrastructure as code.
Chef is a configuration management and automation tool backed by Ruby and Erlang that converts infrastructure to code. It uses a domain specific language (DSL) to write system configuration. Along with other tools, chef is one of the most reliable and illustrious Infrastructure as Code (IAC) tools. Chef integrates with cloud-based platforms such as Internap, Amazon EC2, Google Cloud Platform, Oracle Cloud, OpenStack, SoftLayer, Microsoft Azure, and Rackspace to automatically provision and configure new machines.
- With knife utility, Chef can easily integrate as well as distribute its infrastructure on multi-cloud environment.
- Effortless configuration management through pull and push configuration.
- Easy to learn programing language.
- Free of cost.
- Offers continuous monitoring and notifying facility for applications, servers and network.
- Detects and resolves all types of issues whether it is of server or network.
- It provides the facility to collect data from multiple sources, store it in a centralized store and analyze it.
- ELK Stack facilitates the users to take to data from any source, in any format.
- With ELK Stack, it is very easy to search, analyze, and visualize that data in straightaway.
- With Splunk if anything goes wrong with the log files due to any kind of issue, the troubleshooting is quiet easy.
Nagios is an open source, free software you can use to monitor computer systems, devices and events. Nagios is a most popular monitoring software since last few decades. With Nagios we can easily monitor Servers, Reports, Databases, Devices, Logistics, Workloads, Logs, Network and Security. It alerts the users if something goes wrong as well as re-alert them when it is resolved.
9. ELK Stack
Why ELK Stack?
Splunk is a machine data/log analyzing and monitoring tool which communicates with the different log files and stores those files in the form of events in local indexes. The components of Splunk are Forwarders, Indexers and Search heads. There are several companies that uses splunk. Cisco, Facebook, IBM, Bosch, Motorola and Dominos are to name a few.
Splunk offers the dashboard facility for better visualizing, analyzing and management.
Radiant hopes that you are now well informed about the top 10 technologies in 2020. However, if you want to gain an expertise in these tools you may feel free to connect with us through our official website feel free to email us on