Junos OS Evolved for Cloud Networking (JECN)
Students will learn the skills necessary to operate with the Junos OS Evolved during this three-day course. Since its inception, the Junos OS has developed to take advantage of cutting-edge platform and operating system technologies. As the operating system has developed, important fundamental ideas have changed and are still changing in how administrators use it. This course explains the actual operating system changes as well as how Junos Evolved configuration and administrative tasks differ from those carried out on Junos OS. This course introduces students to new troubleshooting commands and tools available in Junos Evolved and focuses on expanded support for third-party applications on the Junos platform, including support for Docker containers. Students will become familiar with new operating system features through demonstrations. On Junos, this course is based. Junos OS Evolved release 21.2R1
Duration: 3 Days (24 Hours)
After completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Find key differences between Junos OS & Junos Evolved
- Describe the high-level architecture of Junos Evolved
- Find the components of Junos Evolved
- Describe essential Linux functions in the context of Juno's Evolved
- Perform configuration tasks in Junos Evolved
- Perform management tasks in Junos Evolved
- Deploy third-party & custom applications in Junos Evolved
- Describe the fundamentals of Docker containers
- Deploy Docker container-based applications on Junos Evolved
- Understand how Junos Evolved manages system state
- Understand the Junos Evolved network stack & host packet path
- Describe logging & tracing in Junos Evolved
- Perform basic troubleshooting tasks in Junos Evolved
The prerequisites for this course include the following:
- An intermediate-level understanding of Junos configuration & troubleshooting.
This course advantages individuals responsible for working with Junos Evolved.
Module 1: Course Introduction
Module 2: Junos Evolved Overview
- Junos OS versus Junos Evolved
- High-Level Junos Evolved Architecture
Module 3: Junos Evolved Software Architecture
- Junos Evolved components that manage system state
- Junos Evolved components that form nodes into a coherent system
- Junos Evolved components that manage upgrades
Module 4: Linux Basics for Junos OS Evolved
- Linux Components of Junos Evolved Configuration
- Common Linux Commands
Module 5: Junos OS Evolved Configuration Task
- Host VPN
- Management VRF
- Configuring Junos Evolved
Module 6: Junos OS Evolved Management Tasks
- Perform root password recovery
- Upgrade or downgrade Junos Evolved software
- Configure the Two-Way Active Measurement Protocol
- Managing Junos OS Evolved
Module 7: Third-Party Applications on Junos Evolved
- Describe third-party application support
- Deploy a custom application
- Daemonize a custom application
- Deploying Third-Party Applications on Junos Evolved
Module 8: Docker Basics
- Describe key Docker concepts
- Use Docker commands to create & manage containers
- Docker Basics
Module 9: Third-Party Applications with Docker
- Describe the requirements for Docker applications on Junos Evolved
- Deploy a Docker-collected container on Junos Evolved
- Deploy a monitoring infrastructure based on Prometheus & Grafana on Junos Evolved
- Docker Containers on Junos Evolved
Module 10: Case Study: Deploying a Custom Application on Junos Evolved
- Deploy a custom Juniper DDS client which publishes to a Kafka topic
Module 11: Troubleshooting Junos Evolved – System State
- Describe how to query Junos Evolved system state
- Troubleshoot object dependency issues
Module 12: Troubleshooting Junos Evolved – Network Stack & Host Packet Path
- Describe the Linux & Junos network stacks
Module 13: Troubleshooting Junos Evolved – Logging & Tracing
- Describe the system logging & tracing infrastructure in Junos Evolved
- Describe how to retrieve support information & statistics
- Describe how to inspect Docker container statistics & configuration details
- Troubleshooting Junos Evolved
Required exams: Not Applicable
Q: What is Juniper Evolved?
A: Junos Evolved is a cloud-optimized network OS with a microservices architecture delivering resiliency, feature velocity, & programmability. Cloud providers understand that operating a flexible, cost-effective network requires simplified operations across a highly scalable infrastructure. Junos Evolved delivers just that. It's a unified, end-to-end network operating system that provides reliability, agility, & open programmability for successful cloud-scale deployments.
Q: What is Juno's Operating System?
A: Juniper Networks provides high-performance network devices that create a responsive & trusted environment for accelerating the deployment of services & applications over a single network. The Junos operating system (Junos OS) is the foundation of these high-performance networks.
Q: How will the training be delivered or conducted?
A: Radiant Telelearning offers customized training delivery solutions for individuals, teams & businesses depending on their requirements. Here is how we assist each one through our diverse formats.
Dedicated Classroom Training program
On-site: Our expert will travel to your location to deliver the training program at a venue of your choice and convenience in order to meet the needs and expectations of our corporate clients throughout the world.
Offsite: Our clients & Individual professionals across the world travel to India to attend our classroom training sessions. We assist them with services like accommodation, Airport picks & drop, daily cab & Visa assistance.
Public Batches: Corporate and individual professionals from all over the world are welcome to nominate themselves or their staff members for our public classroom or online batches. To ensure individualized attention, we would only allow a small number of people to participate in our public collections. You gain knowledge from everyone's experience because the participants come from various backgrounds and businesses.
On-the-Job Learning: Our team of consultants would help you to execute end-to-end projects & simultaneously learn the technology.
Q: What are the various learning options or training modes available?
A: Radiant Telelearning offers customized solutions & training programs for individuals, teams & businesses depending on their requirements. Here is how we assist each one through our diverse formats.
Individuals / One-O-One Training
- Focused learning sessions
- Programmed scheduling according to your choice
- Get personalized attention
- Select what technology interests you
Teams: Enroll in our classroom courses or public online batches.
- Get our specialized updated content for various skill levels
- Get on-demand learning & solve problems quickly
- Get assistance from the ground level through sequential learning
- Get customized training programmed & solutions that can be curated especially for your business
- Meet the needs of all learners
- Let your employees be geared up for all kinds of problem-solving
- Inspire your teams for future
- Update your employees with the latest information stretching from technology, and business leadership to marketing
Q: Who will be the instructor of the training program?
A: Radiant Telelearning has a large pool of in-house certified trainers & consultants with strong backgrounds & working experience in the technology.
Radiant Telelearning offers more than 800+ courses & for each class, Radiant has identified best-in-class instructors.
Radiant has highly intensive selection criteria for Technology Trainers & Consultants who deliver training programs. Our trainers & consultants undergo rigorous technical & behavioral interviews & assessment processes before they board the company.
Our Technology experts/trainers & consultants carry deep-dive knowledge in the technical subject & are certified by the OEM. Our faculty will provide you with the ability of each course from the fundamental level in an easy way & you are free to ask your doubts any time your respective faculty.
Our trainers have the patience & ability to explain complex concepts simplistically with depth & width of knowledge.
Q: What is the schedule of the training program?
A: Radiant Telelearning offers training programs on weekdays, weekends & a combination of weekdays & weekends. You can always choose the schedule that best suits your need.
Q: What is the infrastructure required to attend your training program?
A: To attend the training session, you should have operational Desktops or Laptops with the required specification and a good internet connection to access the labs.
Q: What if I miss a class on a particular day?
A: We would always recommend you attend the live session to practice & clarify the doubts instantly & get more value from your investment. However, if, due to some contingency, you have to skip the class, Radiant Techlearning will help you with the recorded session of that particular day. However, those recorded sessions are not meant only for personal consumption & NOT for distribution or commercial use.
Q: How will I be accessing the labs?
A: Radiant Techlearning has a data center containing a Virtual Training environment for participant hand-on-practice.
Participants can easily access these labs over Cloud with the help of a remote desktop connection.
Radiant virtual labs allow you to learn from anywhere in the world & in any time zone.
Q: What kind of projects are included as a part of training?
A: The learners will be enthralled as we engage them the real-world & industry Oriented projects during the training program. These projects will improve your skills & knowledge & you will gain a better experience. These real-time projects will help you a lot in your future tasks & assignments.