Juniper Networks Design—Data Center (JND-DC)
This five-day course covers best practices, theory, & design principles for data center design, including data center architectures, data center interconnects security considerations, virtualization, & data center operations
Duration: 4 Days (40 Hours)
- Explain high-level concepts about different data center architectures.
- Find features used to interconnect data centers.
- Explain key high-level considerations about securing & monitoring a data center deployment.
- Outline key high-level concepts when implementing different data center approaches.
- Explain data center cooling designs & considerations.
- Explain device placement & cabling requirements.
- Outline different data center use cases with basic architectures.
- Explain a traditional multitier data center architecture.
- Explain link aggregation & redundant trunk groups.
- Explain multi-chassis link aggregation.
- Summarize & discuss key concepts & components of a Virtual Chassis.
- Summarize & discuss key concepts & components of a VCF.
- Summarize & discuss key concepts & components of Junos Fusion.
- Explain the reasons for the shift to IP fabrics.
- Explain the design considerations for routing in an IP Fabric.
- Explain how to scale an IP fabric.
- Explain the design considerations for an Overlay network.
- Define the term Data Center Interconnect.
- List differences between the different Layer 2 & Layer 3 DCIs.
- Summarize & discuss the benefits & use cases for EVPN.
- Discuss the security requirements & design principles of the data center.
- Find the security elements of the data center.
- Explain network security implementation options in the data center.
- Discuss network security functionality in the data center.
- Explain the purpose of SDN.
- Explain the function of Contrail.
- Explain the purpose of NFV.
- Discuss the purpose & function of vSRX&vMX.
- Explain how to collect analytics in the SDN data center.
- Discuss the importance of understanding the baseline behaviors in our data center.
- Explain the Junos Space Network Management Platform & its deployment options.
- Explain the importance of analytics.
- Discuss automation in the data center.
- Discuss the benefits of QoS &CoS.
- Explain the benefits of a converged network.
- Find general aspects of data center migration.
- Explain some best practices for migration planning.
- Outline some common migration scenarios.
- Explain high availability design considerations in the data center.
- Provide an overview of high-availability offerings & solutions in the data center
- Knowledge of routing & switching architectures & protocols.
- Knowledge of Juniper Networks products & solutions.
- Understanding of infrastructure security principles.
- Basic knowledge of hypervisors & load balancers.
- Completion of the Juniper Networks Design Fundamentals (JNDF) course.
This course is targeted specifically at those who have a solid understanding of operation & configuration & are looking to enhance their skill sets by learning the principles of design for the data center
Module 1: Course Introduction
Module 2: Overview of Data Center Design
- Initial Considerations
- Architectures & Design Considerations
- Connecting Data Centers
- Security & Operation
- Implementation Considerations
Module 3: Initial Design Considerations
- Physical Layout & Placement
- Environmental Conditions
- Cabling Options
- Data Center Use Cases
Module 4: Traditional Data Center Architecture
- Traditional Multitier Architecture
- Link Aggregation & Redundant Trunk Groups
- Multichassis Link Aggregation
- Designing a Multitier Architecture
Module 5: Ethernet Fabric Architectures
- Virtual Chassis
- Virtual Chassis Fabric
- Junos Fusion
- Ethernet Fabric Design Consideration
Ethernet Fabric Architectures
Module 6: IP Fabric Architecture
- The Shift to IP Fabrics
- IP Fabric Routing Design
- IP Fabric Scaling
- Overlay Network
IP Fabric Architecture
Module 7: Data Center Interconnect
- DCI Overview
- Layer 2 DCI
- EVPN Use Cases
- Layer 3 DCI
- Data Center Interconnect
Module 8: Securing the Data Center
- Overview of Data Center Security
- Network Security Elements
- Network Security in the Data Center
- Network Security Functions in the Data Center
Securing the Data Center
Module 9: SDN & Virtualization in the Data Center
- SDN Overview
- Using Contrail in the Data Center
- Using NFV in the Data Center
- Understanding Contrail in the Data Center
- Virtual Environments in the Data Center
- Collecting Analytics with AppFormix
- SDN & Virtualization
Module 10: Data Center Operation
- Understanding QoS &CoS
- Converging Networks
- Junos Commit Scripts Using SLAX
Module 11: Traffic Prioritization for Converged Networks
- Migration Overview
- Common Scenarios
- Migration Case Study
Module 12: Migration Strategies
- Data Center High Availability Overview
- Link Level & Physical Device Redundancy
- Device-Level Redundancy
- Customer Network Create Requirements
- Securing the Network
- Business Continuity
- Network Automation & Management
- Network Create Architectures
Required exams: JNCDS-DC certification exam
Q: What is Juno's Operating System?
A: Juniper Networks provides high-performance network devices that create a responsive & trusted environment for accelerating the deployment of services & applications over a single network. The Junos operating system (Junos OS) is the foundation of these high-performance networks.
Q: How will the training be delivered or conducted?
A: Radiant Telelearning offers customized training delivery solutions for individuals, teams & businesses depending on their requirements. Here is how we assist each one through our diverse formats.
Dedicated Classroom Training program
Onsite: To meet the needs & expectations of our corporate clients worldwide, our expert will travel to your location to deliver the training program at a premise of your choice & convenience.
Offsite: Our clients & Individual professionals across the world travel to India to attend our classroom training sessions. We assist them with services like accommodation, Airport picks & drop, daily cab & Visa assistance.
Public Batches: Corporates & Individual professionals across the world can nominate their employees or themselves in our classroom or online public batches. Our public collections would have a limited number of participants to ensure individual attention. As the participants are from different backgrounds & companies, you learn from everyone's experience.
On-the-Job Learning: Our consultant team would assist you in executing end-to-end projects & simultaneously learning the technology.
Q: What are the various learning options or training modes available?
A: Radiant Telelearning offers customized solutions & training programs for individuals, teams & businesses depending on their requirements. Here is how we help each one through our diverse formats.
Individuals / One-O-One Training
- Focused learning sessions
- Programmed scheduling according to your choice
- Get personalized attention
- Choose what technology interests you
Teams: Enroll for our Classroom or online Public Batches
- Get our specialized updated content for different skill levels
- Get on-demand learning & solve problems quickly
- Get assistance from the ground level through sequential learning
- Get customized training programmed & solutions that can be curated especially for your business
- Meet the needs of all learners
- Allow your employees to be geared up for all kinds of problem-solving
- Inspire your teams for future
- Update your employees with the latest information stretching from technology, and business leadership to marketing
Q: Who will be the instructor of the training program?
A: Radiant Telelearning has a large pool of in-house certified trainers & consultants with strong backgrounds & working experience in the technology.
Radiant Telelearning offers more than 800+ courses & for each class, Radiant have identified best-in-class instructors.
Radiant has highly intensive selection criteria for Technology Trainers & Consultants who deliver training programs. Our trainers & consultants undergo rigorous technical &behavioral interviews & assessment processes before they board the company.
Our Technology experts/trainers & consultants carry deep-dive knowledge in the technical subject & are certified by the OEM. Our faculty will provide you with the ability of each course from the fundamental level in an easy way & you are free to ask your doubts any time your respective faculty.
Our trainers have the patience & ability to explain complex concepts simplistically with depth & width of knowledge.
Q: What is the schedule of the training program?
A: Radiant Telelearning offers training programs on weekdays, weekends & a combination of weekdays & weekends. You can always choose the schedule that best suits your need.
Q: What is the infrastructure required to attend your training program?
A: To attend the training session, you should have operational Desktops or Laptops with the required specification and a good internet connection to access the labs.
Q: What if I miss a class on a particular day?
A: We recommend you attend the live session to practice & clarify the doubts instantly & get more value from your investment. However, if, due to some contingency, you have to skip the class, Radiant Techlearning will assist you with the recorded session of that particular day. However, those recorded sessions are not meant only for personal consumption & NOT for distribution or commercial use.
Q: How will I be accessing the labs?
A: Radiant Techlearning has a data center containing the Virtual Training environment for participants' hand-on-practice.
Participants can easily access these labs over Cloud with a remote desktop connection.
Radiant virtual labs allow you to learn from anywhere in the world & in any time zone.
Q: What kind of projects are included as a part of training?
A: The learners will be enthralled as we engage them the real-world & industry Oriented projects during the training program. These projects will improve your skills & knowledge & you will gain a better experience. These real-time projects will assist you a lot in your future tasks & assignments.