Introduction to JUNOS Platform Automation & DevOps (IJAUT)
Duration: 3 Days (24 Hours)
Learning Objectives: Explain DevOps principles & practices.
- Explain how DevOps benefits an IT organization.
- Discuss Network Reliability Engineering.
- List & explain the various APIs Junos provides for automation.
- Discuss the frameworks, libraries & tools used to automate Junos devices.
- Explain XML document format.
- Explain how the Junos OS uses XML.
- Use XPath to navigate a Junos XML document.
- Explain the NETCONF protocol.
- Use NETCONF & the XML API to issue Junos RPCs.
- List available XML API programming languages.
- Configure Junos device using NETCONF.
- Explain JSON syntax.
- Explain how JSON is used in Junos.
- Explain YAML syntax.
- Explain how Junos automation tools use YAML.
- Use JSON & YAML documents.
- Verify an Ansible installation.
- Retrieve information from Junos devices using Ansible.
- Use Ansible to configure Junos devices.
- Explain fundamental Python concepts.
- Use the Python 3 interactive interpreter.
- Modify & run Python scripts.
- Install Junos PyEZ.
- Use Junos PyEZ to connect to Junos devices & retrieve facts.
- Use Junos PyEZ to execute Junos RPCs.
- Use Junos PyEZ to modify Junos device configuration.
- Explain Python exception handling with Perez.
- Explain the capabilities of the Junos OS REST API.
- Generate REST API RPC queries.
- Use the REST API Explorer.
- Explain the Junos operating system & its basic design architecture.
- Explain transit & exception traffic processing.
- Explain the Junos CLI & its features.
- List & perform initial configuration tasks.
- Explain interface types & perform basic interface configuration tasks
- Basic understanding of the OSI model & the TCP/IP protocol suite
- Basic understanding of computer networking concepts
Individuals responsible for configuring & monitoring devices running the Junos OS
Module 1: Course Introduction
Module 2: Introduction to DevOps
Lessons Why DevOps?
- The Benefits of DevOps
Module 3: Junos Automation
- The Junos Automation Stack
- Junos XML API Overview
- Junos REST API Overview
- Junos JET API Overview
- Overview of Junos Automation Tools
Module 4: XML & XPath
- Basic XML Syntax
- XML in the Junos OS
- Navigating XML using XPath
- XML & XPath
Module 5: XML & NETCONF
- Junos XML API
- Junos XML API Programming Languages
- XML & NETCONF
Module 6: Python Fundamentals
- Python Basics
- Data Types & Variables
- Lists, Dictionaries, Sets, & Tuples
- Python Libraries
- Python Script Examples
- Python Fundamentals
Module 7: Junos PyEZ Operations
- Junos PyEZ
- Execute Junos RPCs
- Perform Device Operations
- Junos PyEZ Operations
Module 8: Junos PyEZ Configuration
- Junos PyEZ Configuration
- Junos PyEZ Exception H&ling
- Junos PyEZ & Jinja2
- Junos PyEZ Configuration
Module 9: JSON & YAML
- Data Formatting
- JSON Basics
- JSON Support in Junos
- YAML Basics
- Junos Automation & YAML
- JSON & YAML
Module 10: Junos REST API
- REST API Overview
- Configuring the REST API
- Using the REST API
- REST API Explorer
- Junos REST API
Module A: Appendix: Introduction to Junos
- Junos OS Basic Design Architecture
- Traffic Processing
- CLI Modes & Features
- Initial Configuration Tasks
- Interface Types & Configuration
- Introduction to Junos
Module B: Appendix: Introduction to Ansible
- Ansible Architecture & Capabilities
- Ansible Playbook Basics
- Using Ansible to Retrieve Junos Status Information
- Using Ansible to Retrieve & Modify Configuration Information
Required exams: JNCIA-DevOps certification exam
- Junos Automation Stack & DevOps Concepts
- Data Serialization
- Rest API
Q: What is Jinja2?
A: Jinja2 is a modern templating language designed for Python programmers. It was built using Django's template. It's used to generate HTML, XML, and other markup formats that are then returned to the user via an HTTP request.
Q: What is Juno's Operating System?
A: Juniper Networks provides high-performance network devices that create a responsive & trusted environment for accelerating the deployment of services & applications over a single network. The Junos operating system (Junos OS) is the foundation of these high-performance networks.
Q: How will the training be delivered or conducted?
A: Radiant Telelearning offers customized training delivery solutions for individuals, teams & businesses depending on their requirements. Here is how we assist each one through our diverse formats.
Dedicated Classroom Training program
Onsite: To meet the needs and expectations of our global corporate clients, our expert will travel to your location to deliver the training program at a location of your choice and convenience.
Offsite: Our clients & Individual professionals across the world travel to India to attend our classroom training sessions. We assist them with services like accommodation, Airport picks & drop, daily cab & Visa assistance.
Public Batches: Corporates and individuals from all over the world can also nominate their employees or themselves to participate in our classroom or online public batches. To ensure individual attention, our public collections would have a limited number of participants. Because the participants come from various backgrounds and companies, you can learn from everyone's experience.
On-the-Job Learning: Our team of consultants would help you to execute end-to-end projects & simultaneously understand the technology.
Q: What are the different learning options or training modes available?
A: Radiant Telelearning offers customized solutions & training programs for individuals, teams & businesses depending on their requirements. Here is how we help each one through our diverse formats.
Individuals / One-O-One Training
- Focused learning sessions
- Programmed scheduling according to your choice
- Get personalized attention
- Choose what technology interests you
Teams: Enroll for our Classroom or online Public Batches
- Get our specialized updated content for different skill levels
- Get on-demand learning & solve problems quickly
- Get assistance from the ground level through sequential learning
- Get customized training programmed & solutions that can be curated especially for your business
- Meet the needs of all learners
- Allow your employees to be geared up for all kinds of problem-solving
- Inspire your teams for future
- Update your employees with the latest information stretching from technology, and business leadership to marketing
Q: Who will be the instructor of the training program?
A: Radiant Telelearning has a large pool of in-house certified trainers & consultants with strong backgrounds & working experience in the technology.
Radiant Telelearning offers more than 800+ courses & for each class, Radiant has identified best-in-class instructors.
Radiant employs stringent selection criteria for Technology Trainers and Consultants who deliver training programs. Our instructors & consultants undergo rigorous technical & behavioural interviews & assessment processes before they board the company.
Our Technology experts/trainers & consultants carry deep-dive knowledge in the technical subject & are certified by the OEM. Our faculty will provide you with the ability of each course from the fundamental level in an easy way & you are free to ask your doubts any time your respective faculty.
Our trainers have the patience & ability to explain complex concepts simplistically with depth & width of knowledge.
Q: What is the schedule of the training program?
A: Radiant Telelearning offers training programs on weekdays, weekends & a combination of weekdays & weekends. You can always choose the schedule that best suits your need.
Q: What infrastructure is required to participate in your training program?
A: To attend the training session, professionals should have operational Desktops or Laptops with the required specification and a good internet connection to access the labs.
Q: What if I don't show up to class on a certain day?
A: We recommend you attend the live session to practice & clarify the doubts instantly & get more value from your investment. However, if, due to some contingency, you have to skip the class, You can get assistance from Radiant Techlearning with the recorded session from that particular day. However, those recorded sessions are NOT intended for distribution or commercial use; they are also NOT intended only for personal consumption.
Q: How will I be accessing the labs?
A: Radiant Techlearning has a data center containing the Virtual Training environment for participants' h&-on-practice.
Participants can easily access these labs over Cloud with the help of a remote desktop connection.
Radiant virtual labs allow you to learn from anywhere in the world & in any time zone.
Q: What kind of projects are included as a part of training?
A: The learners will be enthralled as we engage them the real-world & industry Oriented projects during the training program. These projects will improve your skills & knowledge & you will gain a better experience. These real-time projects will help you a lot in your future tasks & assignments.