Introduction to Juniper Security
This three-day course teaches students the fundamentals of working with the Junos operating system and configuring Junos security devices. The course provides a brief overview of Juniper security products and discusses the Junos software's key architectural components. Key topics include UI options with a heavy emphasis on CLI, configuration tasks typically associated with device initialization, interface configuration basics with configuration examples, secondary system configuration and security configuration, & the basics of operational monitoring & maintenance of Junos Security devices. The course then delves into foundational knowledge of security objects, security policies, & configuration examples, including types of security objects, security policies, security services NAT, site-to-site IPsec VPN, & Juniper Secure Connect VPN. Through demonstrations & hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring & monitoring Junos OS & monitoring basic device operations on the SRX Series device. The training is based on Junos OS Release 21.2R1.10.
Duration: 4 days(24 Hours)
- Explain Juniper Networks connected security device framework
- Explain SRX Series device features
- Explain initial & basic configuration
- Explain & demonstrate the Junos CLI options
- Configure security zone & screen objects
- Configure address & service objects
- Apply security policies
- Explain IPS & apply IPS policies
- Explain user-based firewall & apply integrated user-based firewall
- Explain UTM—antivirus & antispam
- Explain UTM—content filtering & Web filtering
- Explain JATP Cloud features
- Apply Source NAT
- Apply Destination & Static NAT
- Apply site-to-site IPsec VPN
- Explain SSL VPN by using Juniper Secure Connect
- Administer & troubleshoot security services on an SRX Series device
- Explain monitoring & reporting features on the SRX Series device
- Basic networking knowledge
- Basic understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) reference model
- Basic understanding of the TCP/ IP protocol suite
- This course benefits individuals responsible for configuring & monitoring Juniper Security devices
Module 1: Course Introduction
Module 2: Juniper Connected Security
- Find the high-level security challenges in today's network
- Explain basic network security design
- Find the critical factors in Juniper Networks' security focus
Module 3: Juniper SRX Series Overview
- Explain the Junos architecture & SRX features
- Explain the traffic processing & logical packet flow on an SRX Series device
- Explain the Junos J-Web UI & its features
Module 4: Juniper SRX Initial Configuration
- List & perform initial configuration tasks
- Perform basic interface configuration tasks
- Initial System Configuration
Module 5: UI Options – The Junos CLI
- Perform Junos CLI basics
- Explain Juno's operational mode
- Explain the Junos configuration mode
Module 6: Security Zones & Screen Objects
- Explain & configure security zones objects
- Explain & configure screen objects
Module 7: Address Objects & Service Objects
- Explain & configure address objects
- Explain & configure service objects
- Creating Security Objects
Module 8: Security Policies
- Explain the purpose & types of security policies
- Define the security policy components
- Configure an application firewall with unified security policies
- Apply security policy for a given use case
- Creating Security Policies
Module 9: Security Services—IPS
- Explain the purpose of IPS
- Define the IPS policy components
- Configure IPS policies
Module 10: Security Services—Integrated User-Based Firewall
- Explain the purpose of a user-based firewall
- Configure integrated user-based firewall
- Security Services—IPS Integrated User Firewall
Module 11: UTM—Antivirus & Antispam
- Explain the purpose of UTM services
- Explain antispam & its functionality
Module 12: UTM—Content Filtering & Web Filtering
- Explain the functionality of Content filtering
- Explain the functionality of Web filtering
- Applying UTM Virtual SRX
Module 13: Juniper Connected Security—JATP Cloud
- Explain the purpose of JATP
- Explain the features of JATP
- Explain the process to enroll devices with JATP
- Monitor JATP
- JATP Overview
Module 14: Source Network Address Translation
- Explain the purpose & functionality of NAT & PAT
- Configure & monitor source NAT
- Explain the purpose of proxy ARP
Module 15: Destination Network Address Translation & Static Network Address Translation
- Configure & monitor destination NAT
- Configure & monitor static NAT
- Applying NAT
Module 16: Site-to-Site IPsec VPN
- Explain the high-level overview & configuration options for IPsec VPN
- Apply IPsec VPN for a given use case
- Explain the functionality of proxy-id & traffic selectors
- Monitor site-to-site IPsec VPN
- Applying IPsec VPN
Module 17: Juniper Secure Connect
- Explain Juniper Secure Connect features
- Explain Juniper Secure Connect UI options
- Deploy Juniper Secure Connect
- Monitor Juniper Secure Connect
- Applying Juniper Secure Connect
Module 18: SRX Troubleshooting
- Discuss SRX &vSRX licensing
- Explain how to use packet capture
- Explain the trace options on the SRX Series device
- Discuss how to verify Content Security policy usage
Module 19: Monitoring & Reporting
- Explain the basic monitoring features
- Explain the use of network utility tools on the SRX Series device
- Explain the procedure of maintaining Junos OS
- Find the various reports available on the SRX J-Web interface
- Monitoring & Reporting
Module A: SRX Series Hardware & Interfaces
Module B: Virtual SRX
Module D: IPsec VPN Concepts
- SRX Series Devices
- Junos Security Objects
- Security policies
- Juniper Advanced Threat Protection
- Network Address Translation
- Unified Threat Management
- Monitoring/Reporting & Troubleshooting
Required exams: JNCIA-SEC certification exam
Q: How will the training be delivered or conducted?
A: Radiant Telelearning offers customized training delivery solutions for individuals, teams & businesses depending on their requirements. Here is how we assist each other through our diverse formats.
Dedicated Classroom Training program
Onsite: To meet the needs and expectations of our global corporate clients, our expert will travel to your location to deliver the course program at a location of your choice and convenience.
Offsite: Our clients & Individual professionals across the world travel to India to attend our classroom training sessions. We assist them with services like accommodation, Airport picks & drop, daily cab & Visa assistance.
Public Batches: Corporate and individual professionals from all over the world are welcome to nominate themselves or their staff members for our public classroom or online batches. To ensure individualized attention, we would only allow a small number of people to participate in our public collections. You gain knowledge from everyone's experience because the participants come from various backgrounds and businesses.
On-the-Job Learning: Our team of consultants would help you to execute end-to-end projects & simultaneously understand the technology.
Q: What different training or learning options are there?
A: Radiant Telelearning offers customized solutions & training programs for individuals, teams & businesses depending on their requirements. Here is how we assist each one through our diverse formats.
Individuals / One-O-One Training
- Focused learning sessions
- Programmed scheduling according to your choice
- Choose what technology interests you
- Get personalized attention
Teams: Enroll in our public classroom or online batches.
- Get on-dem& learning & solve problems quickly
- Get our specialized updated content for different skill levels
- Obtain assistance from the ground up by using sequential learning.
- Get customized training programmed & solutions that can be curated especially for your business
- Meet the needs of all learners
- Let your employees be geared up for all kinds of problem-solving
- Inspire your teams for future
- Update your employees with the latest information stretching from technology, and business leadership to marketing
Q: Who will be the instructor of the training program?
A: Radiant Telelearning has a large pool of in-house certified trainers & consultants with strong backgrounds & working experience in the technology.
Radiant Telelearning offers more than 800+ courses & for each class, Radiant has identified best-in-class instructors.
Technology trainers and consultants who deliver training programs must meet stringent requirements set forth by Radiant. Prior to joining the company, our trainers and consultants must pass demanding technical, behavioral, and interview processes.
Our Technology experts/trainers & consultants carry deep-dive knowledge in the technical subject & are certified by the OEM. Our faculty will provide you with the ability of each course from the fundamental level in an easy way & you are free to ask your doubts any time your respective faculty.
Our trainers have patience & ability to explain complex concepts simplistically with depth & width of knowledge.
Q: What is the schedule of the training program?
A: Radiant Telelearning offers training programs on weekdays, weekends & a combination of weekdays & weekends. You can always choose the schedule that best suits your need.
Q: What is Juno's Operating System?
A: Juniper Networks provides high-performance network devices that create a responsive & trusted environment for accelerating the deployment of services & applications over a single network. The Junos operating system (Junos OS) is the foundation of these high-performance networks.
Q: What kind of facilities are needed to participate in your training program?
A: To attend the training session, professionals should have operational Desktops or Laptops with the required specification and a good internet connection to access the labs.
Q: What if I don't show up to class on a certain day?
A: You should always go to the live session to put your knowledge to practice, get immediate answers to your questions, and get the most out of your money. Radiant Techlearning will assist you with the recorded session of that day's class if you are forced to miss it due to an unforeseen circumstance. However, those recorded sessions are NOT intended for commercial or distribution use or for use other than personal consumption.
Q: How will I be accessing the labs?
A: Radiant Techlearning has a data center containing a Virtual Training environment for participant hand-on-practice.
Participants can easily access these labs over Cloud with the help of a remote desktop connection.
Radiant virtual labs allow you to learn from anywhere in the world & in any time zone.
Q: What kind of projects are included as a part of training?
A: The learners will be enthralled as we engage them the real-world & industry Oriented projects during the training program. These projects will improve your skills & knowledge & you will gain a better experience. These real-time projects will help you a lot in your future tasks & assignments.