Introduction to Juniper Data Center Networking
This three-day course provides introductory instruction on data center switching using Juniper products. This course does not cover Ethernet VPN– Virtual Extensible LAN (EVPN-VXLAN) architecture. Still, it lays the foundational knowledge necessary to understand a data center built upon an IP fabric. In addition, this course covers Ethernet switching, VLANs, Layer 2 security features, routing policies, link aggregation, load balancing, filter-based or warding (FBF), routing instances, BGP, graceful restart, & bidirectional forwarding detection (BFD)
Duration: 3 Days (24 Hours)
- Identify & explain how to configure a typical data center layout, including spine & leaf placements.
- Explain an IP fabric architecture.
- Explain & configure basic Ethernet switching.
- Explain & configure virtual networks (VLANs).
- Explain layer two security.
- Apply link aggregation.
- Explain & apply protocol-independent routing & routing instances with Junos OS.
- Configure load balancing within Junos OS.
- Apply FBF using Junos OS.
- Explain & deploy OSPF.
- Explain & deploy BGP.
- Apply graceful restart & BFD using Junos OS.
- The following are the prerequisites for this course:
- Knowledge of basic TCP/IP networking
- Understanding basic layer 2
- Familiarity with Data Center technologies
- Completing the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) course or equivalent Junos OS configuration experience
- This course benefits individuals responsible for configuring & managing network equipment in data centers.
Module 1: Course Introduction
Module 2: Traditional Data Center Architectures
- Explain traditional multi tier architecture, its benefits, & challenges
- Explain a traditional data center-based scenario
Module 3: Juniper’s Modern Data Center Architectures
- Explain an IP fabric environment
- Explain routing in an IP fabric environment
- Explain using Juniper Apstra as a turnkey solution
Module 4: Ethernet Switching Overview
- Explain the basics of Ethernet switching
- Provide an overview of enterprise switching platforms
Module 5: Configuring Ethernet Switching
- Manage & interpret the Ethernet switching table
- Applying Ethernet Switching
Module 6: Virtual Networks Overview
- Explain access & trunk port modes
- Explain alternate VLAN & data VLAN concepts
- Explain native VLAN routing operations
Module 7: Configuring Virtual Networks
- Configure & monitor VLANs
- Configure & monitor inter-VLAN routing
- Applying Virtual Networks
Module 8: Port Security
- Identify MAC limiting
- Review the basics of persistent MAC learning
- Apply MACsec (QFX-centric)
- Review storm control operational parameters
- Apply Port Security
Module 9: Link Aggregation
- Explain & apply link aggregation
- Identify link aggregation groups
- Review graceful Routing Engine switchover
- Explain nonstop active routing
- Review nonstop bridging
- Configuring & Monitoring Link Aggregation
Module 10: Protocol-Independent Routing
- Explain & configure static routes
- Explain & configure aggregate routes
- Explain & configure generated routes
Module 11: Routing Instances
- Explain routing instances
- Configure & share routes between routing instances
- Configuring Protocol-Independent Routing & Routing Instances
Module 12: Load Balancing
- Explain load-balancing concepts & operations
- Apply & monitor Layer 3 load balancing
Module 13: Filter-Based Forwarding
- Explain the benefits of filter-based forwarding
- Configure & monitor filter-based forwarding
- Load Balancing & FBF
Module 14: Fundamentals of OSPF
- Provide an overview of OSPF
- Explain OSPF scalability
- Explain adjacency formation & designated router election
- Configure & monitor OSPF
- Perform OSPF troubleshooting
- Configuring OSPF (Optional)
Module 15: Fundamentals of BGP
- Explain the basics of BGP
- Explain BGP attributes
Module 16: Deploying BGP
- Compare IBGP versus EBGP
- Configure & monitor BGP
- Deploying BGP
Module 17: Graceful Restart & Bidirectional Forwarding Detection
- Configure graceful restart
- Configure bidirectional forwarding detection (BFD)
- Configuring Graceful Restart & BFD
JNCIA-DC certification exam
- Data Center Architectures
- Layer 2 Switching, VLANs & Security
- Protocol-Independent Routing
- Data Center Routing Protocols BGP/OSPF
- High Availability (HA)
Q: How will the training be delivered or conducted?
A: Radiant Telelearning offers customized training delivery solutions for individuals, teams & businesses depending on their requirements. Here is how we assist each person using our various formats.
Dedicated Classroom Training program
Onsite: To meet the needs & expectations of our corporate clients worldwide, our expert will travel to your location to deliver the training program at a premise of your choice & convenience.
Offsite: Our clients & Individual professionals across the world travel to India to attend our classroom training sessions. We assist them with services like accommodation, Airport picks & drop, daily cab & Visa assistance.
Public Batches: Corporates & Individual professionals across the world can nominate their employees or themselves in our classroom or online public batches. Our public collections would have a limited number of participants to ensure individual attention. As the participants are from different backgrounds & companies, you learn from everyone’s experience.
On-the-Job Learning: Our team of consultants would help you to execute end-to-end projects & simultaneously learn the technology.
Q: What are the different learning options or training modes available?
A: Radiant Telelearning offers customized solutions & training programs for individuals, teams & businesses depending on their requirements. Here is how we assist each one through our diverse formats.
Individuals / One-O-One Training
- Focused learning sessions
- Programmed scheduling according to your choice
- Choose what technology interests you.
- Have personalized attention
Teams: Enroll for our Classroom or online Public Batches
- Get our specialized updated content for different skill levels
- Get on-demand learning & solve problems quickly
- Get assistance from the ground up through sequential learning
- Get customized training programmed & solutions that can be curated especially for your business
- Meet the needs of all learners
- Let your employees be geared up for all kinds of problem-solving
- Inspire your teams for future
- Update your employees with the latest information stretching from technology, and business leadership to marketing
Q: Who will be the instructor of the training program?
A: Radiant Telelearning has a large pool of in-house certified trainers & consultants with strong backgrounds & working experience in the technology.
Radiant Telelearning offers more than 800+ courses & for each class, Radiant has identified best-in-class instructors.
Radiant has highly intensive selection criteria for Technology Trainers & Consultants who deliver training programs. Our trainers & consultants undergo rigorous technical & behavioral interviews & assessment processes before they board the company.
Our Technology experts/trainers & consultants carry deep-dive knowledge in the technical subject & are certified by the OEM. Our faculty will provide you with the ability of each course from the fundamental level in an easy way & you are free to ask your doubts any time your respective faculty.
Our trainers have the patience & ability to explain complex concepts simplistically with depth & width of knowledge.
Q: What is the schedule of the training program?
A: Radiant Telelearning offers training programs on weekdays, weekends & a combination of weekdays & weekends. You can always choose the schedule that best suits your need.
Q: What is the infrastructure required to attend your training program?
A: To attend the training session, you should have operational Desktops or Laptops with the required specification and a good internet connection to access the labs.
Q: What if I miss a class on a particular day?
A: We recommend you attend the live session to practice & clarify the doubts instantly & get more value from your investment. However, if you have to skip the class due to some contingency, Radiant Techlearning will help you with the recorded session of that particular day. However, those recorded sessions are not meant only for personal consumption & NOT for distribution or commercial use.
Q: How will I be accessing the labs?
A: Radiant Techlearning has a data center containing the Virtual Training environment for participants’ h&-on-practice.
Participants can easily access these labs over Cloud with the help of a remote desktop connection.
Radiant virtual labs allow you to learn from anywhere in the world & in any time zone.
Q: What kind of projects are included as a part of training?
A: The learners will be enthralled as we engage them in real-world & industry Oriented projects during the training program. These projects will improve your skills & knowledge & you will gain a better experience. These real-time projects will help you a lot in your future tasks & assignments.