Informatica Analyst, Data Discovery and Advanced Profiling
This training is applicable to software versions 10x. Learn to use Informatica Analyst & Developer tools to create projects & objects, profile data, & identifying anomalies to develop a better understanding of data sets. Discovering the content & structure of data through topics such as Data Domain Discovery & enterprise discovery profiling, including join analysis, functional dependency profiling, primary key inference, overlap discovery & foreign key profiling.
Duration: 3 Days
After successfully completing this training, professionals should be able to:
- Navigate through the Informatica Analyst tool.
- Create projects & assign permissions.
- Work with Physical & Logical data objects.
- Perform Column Profiling
- Create & apply Rules to profiles
- Create & manage Reference Tables
- Build a Rule Specification
- Manage Exception & Duplicate Record Tasks
- Perform Scorecarding
- Task management
- Applying Data Domain Discovery to profiles in the Analyst Tool
- Building & execute an Enterprise Discovery Profile in the Analyst Tool
- Defining the different types of the profiling that are available in the Developer Tool
- Create & execute Enterprise Discovery Profiles in the Developer Tool
- Perform Data Domain Discovery & Join Analysis Profiling
- Perform Functional Dependency & Primary Key Inference
- Perform Overlap Discovery & Foreign Key Profiling
- Update the model with Primary & Foreign Key relationships
- Generate DDL from the updated model
- Business Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Data Steward
Module 1: Introduction to Data Quality
- Define Data Quality Management.
- Explain the Data Quality Process.
- Discuss Informatica’s Data Quality Architecture.
- Navigate the Analyst Interface.
- Create Projects & Assign Permissions.
- Create a Project & Assign Permissions.
Module 2: Data Objects
- Understanding the types of Data Objects that exist in Informatica 10.
- Import Flat Files & create connections to Relational Tables.
- Build a Mapping Specification.
- Create a variety of Data Objects.
- Create a Mapping Specification.
Module 3: Analyst Profiling
- Introduction to Profiling.
- Perform Column Profiling in Informatica Analyst.
- Interpret Profile Results using Summary & Detail view.
- Edit Profiles.
- Detect Outliers
- Review & Compare Historical Profile Results
- Schedule Profiles.
- Create profiles, detect outliers & review results of the profile
Module 4: Project Collaboration
- Collaborating with team members using shared Projects, Comments, Bookmarks & Data Exports.
- Add Comments to Profiles & Export Profile Results.
Module 5: Rules
- Perform Rule Profiling in Informatica Analyst.
- Apply Prebuilt & Custom Rules.
- Interpret Rule Results.
- Apply Prebuilt & Custom Rules to Profiles.
- Apply Rules to a Mapping Specification.
Module 6: Reference Table Management
- Creating Reference Tables using the Reference Table Editor & the Import Flat Files options.
- Create Managed & Unmanaged Reference Tables.
- Auditing of changes.
- Creating Reference Tables using a variety of methods.
Module 7: Rule Specifications
- Convert business rules into Rule Specifications that can be applied to data.
- Validate & Test the Rule Specification.
- Compile the Rule Specification to create a Mapplet.
- Review the Mapplet in the Developer Tool.
- Create, Test & Compile a Rule Specification
Module 8: Task Management
- Manage Exception Records.
- Manually correct Bad/Exception Records & review the Audit Trail.
- Consolidate Duplicate Records.
- Review the Audit Trail.
- Administer Tasks.
- Manage Exception Records in the Analyst Tool.
- Manage Duplicate Records in the Analyst Tool.
- Administer Tasks.
Module 9: Scorecarding
- Understand how to build & configure a Scorecard.
- Apply Weightings.
- Review Trend Charts.
- Configure Notifications.
- Create, Edit & Run a Scorecard.
- Configure & Review Notifications.
- Schedule Scorecards & Profiles to run using Informatica Administrator.
Data Discovery & Advanced Profiling
Module 1: Analyst Tool: Data Domain Discovery & Enterprise Discovery Profiling
- Data Domain Profiling
- Inferring/identifying sensitive data
- Building & executing an Enterprise Discovery Profile
- Update a Profile to perform Data Domain Discovery
- Create, execute & review an Enterprise Discovery Profile
Module 2: Developer Tool: Advanced Profiling
- Varieties of Profiling
- Column & Enterprise Discovery Profiles
- Navigating an Enterprise Discovery Profile
- Inference Options
- Join Analysis Profiling
- Create & navigate an Enterprise Discovery Profile
- Perform Join Analysis Profiling
Module 3: Developer Tool: Functional Dependency & Primary Key Inference
- Object content & structure
- Primary Keys
- Functional Dependencies
- Sensitive Data across all objects in the model
- Import & profile a new set of data
- Perform Functional Dependency & Primary Key Inference
Module 4: Developer Tool: Overlap Discovery & Foreign Key Profiling
- Overlap Discovery between objects
- Primary Key – Foreign Key relationships across objects
- Verifying & Approving relationships
- Generating DDL to create a new schema
- Overlap Discovery
- Primary Key – Foreign Key relationships
Q: What is data discovery?
A: To achieve insights from hidden patterns & trends, the process of collection & analysis of data from various sources is done & this is known as Data discovery.
Q: How can a user make data discovery?
A: There are five steps to make data discovery & i.e.
- The initial step in the data discovery process is to gather the right data in one place.
- Cleanse & prepare data. Raw data imported from different sources can rarely be analyzed as-is.
- Share data.
- Analyze & generate insights.
- Visualize Insights.
Q: What will we learn in this training?
A: In this training, you will learn to use Informatica analyst & developer tools & how to discover the content & structure of data.
Q: How can a user do data profiling?
A: Data profiling includes the following steps:
- Collection of various descriptive statistics like min, max, count & sum.
- Collecting data types, length & recurring patterns.
- Tagging data with keywords, descriptions, or categories.
- Performing data quality assessment & risk of performing joins on the data.
- Discovering metadata & assessing its accuracy.
Q: How do you ensure the quality of the training program?
A: Radiant has highly intensive selection criteria for Technology Trainers & Consultants who deliver training programs. Our trainers & consultants undergo rigorous technical & behavioral interviews & assessment processes before they are onboarded in the company.
Our Technology experts/trainers & consultants carry deep-dive knowledge in the technical subject & are certified by the OEM.
Our training programs are practically oriented with 70% – 80% hands-on training technology tools. Our training program focuses on one-on-one interaction with each participant, the latest content in the curriculum, real-time projects & case studies during the training program.
Our faculty will provide you the knowledge of each training from a fundamental level in an easy way & you are free to ask your doubts any time from your respective faculty.Our trainers have the patience & ability to explain difficult concepts in a simplistic way with depth & width of knowledge. To ensure quality learning, we provide support sessions even after the training program.
Q: What is the schedule of the training program?
A: Radiant Techlearning offers a training program on weekdays, weekends & a combination of weekdays & weekends. You can always choose the schedule that best suits your need.
Q: What if I miss a class on a particular day?
A: We would always recommend you attend the live session to practice & clarify the doubts instantly & get more value from your investment. However, if, due to some contingency, you have to skip the class, Radiant Techlearning will help you with the recorded session of that particular day. However, those recorded sessions are not meant only for personal consumption & NOT for distribution or any commercial use.
Q: How will I be accessing the labs?
A: Radiant Techlearning has a data center containing the Virtual Training environment for the purpose of participant hand-on-practice. Participants can easily access these labs over Cloud with the help of a remote desktop connection. Radiant virtual labs provide you the flexibility to learn from anywhere in the world & in any time zone.