Implementing Juniper Networks Secure Analytics (IJSA)
(Normal) In this three-day course, participants will learn how to set up Juniper Networks JSA Series Secure Analytics (previously known as Security Threat Response Manager [STRM]) in a typical network setting. The installation of a JSA Series device in the network, setting up flows, executing reports, and troubleshooting is important subjects. Students will learn how to configure, test, and troubleshoot the JSA Series device through demonstrations and practical labs. The virtual appliance used for the hands-on portion of this course is the Juniper Networks Secure Analytics (JSA) VM. JSA software 2014.2R4 is the foundation for this course.
Duration: 3 Days (24 Hours)
- Explain the JSA system & its basic functionality
- Explain the hardware used with the JSA system
- Identify the technology behind the JSA system.
- Identify the JSA system's primary design divisions—display versus detection, & events versus traffic.
- Plan & prepare for a new installation.
- Access the administration console.
- Configure the network hierarchy.
- Configure the automatic update process.
- Access the Deployment Editor.
- Explain the JSA system's internal processes.
- Explain event & flow source configuration.
- List key features of the JSA architecture.
- Explain the JSA system's processing logic.
- Interpret the correlation of flow & event data.
- List the architectural component that provides each key function.
- Explain Events & explain where they come from.
- Access the Log Activity interface.
- Explain flows & their origin.
- Configure the Network Activity interface.
- Execute Flow searches.
- Specify the JSA system's Asset Management & Vulnerability Assessment functionality.
- Access the Assets interface.
- View Asset Profile data.
- View Server Discovery.
- Access the Vulnerability Assessment Scan Manager to produce vulnerability assessments (VAs).
- Access vulnerability scanner configuration.
- View vulnerability profiles.
- Explain rules.
- Configure rules.
- Configure Building Blocks (BBs).
- Explain how rules & flows work together.
- Access the Offense Manager interface.
- Understand Offense types.
- Configure Offense actions.
- Navigate the Offense interface.
- Explain the Offense summary screen.
- Search Offenses.
- • Use the JSA system's Reporting functionality to produce graphs & reports.
- Navigate the Reporting interface.
- Configure Report Groups.
- Demonstrate Report Branding.
- View Report formats.
- Identify the basic information on maintaining & troubleshooting the JSA system.
- Navigate the JSA dashboard.
- List flow & event troubleshooting steps.
- Access the Event Mapping Tool.
- Configure Event Collection for Junos devices.
- Configure Flow Collection for Junos devices.
- Explain high availability (HA) functionality on a JSA device.
- Understanding of TCP/IP operation;
- Understanding of network security concepts;
- Experience in network security administration.
This course is intended for network engineers, support personnel, reseller support, & anyone responsible for implementing the JSA system.
Module 1: Course Introduction
Module 2: Product Overview
- Overview of the JSA Series Device
- Operational Flow
Module 3: Initial Configuration
- A New Installation
- Administration Console
- Platform Configuration
- Deployment Editor
Module 4: Architecture
- Processing Log Activity
- Processing Network Activity
- JSA Deployment Options
- Initial Configuration
Module 5: Log Activity
- Log Activity Overview
- Configuring Log Activity
- Log Activity
Module 6: Network Activity
- Network Activity Overview
- Configuring Network Activity
- Network Activity
Module 7: Assets & Vulnerability Assessment
- Asset Interface
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Vulnerability Scanners
- Assets & Vulnerability Assessment
Module 8: Rules
- Configure Rules & Building Blocks
Module 9: Offense Manager
- Offense Manager
- Offense Manager Configuration
- Offense Investigation
- Configure the Offense Manager
Module 10: JSA Reporting
- Reporting Functionality
- Reporting Interface
Module 11: Basic Tuning & Troubleshooting
- Basic Tuning
Module 12: Configuring Junos Devices for Use with JSA
- Collecting Junos Events
- Collecting Junos Flows
- Configuring Junos Devices for JSA
Module A: Appendix: High Availability
- High Availability
- Configuring High Availability
Q: What is network security?
A: Using both hardware and software, network security mainly protects the usability & data integrity of the user's network across multiple physical & virtual elements of the core network. To be more effective, network security manages access to the web for users, devices, & data. It targets & prevents threats from gaining access to or spreading on the user network.
Q: Why Juniper network-connected security is used?
A: Juniper Network's Connected Security generally allows the user to automate security coverage easily from endpoint to edge & every cloud in between. Juniper provides the window to see who & what is on the user network & enforces across all connection points.
Q: For what purpose do companies use network security?
A: Various organizations use network security to:
- Protect corporate data
- Control network access & availability
- Prevent intrusions
- Respond to & correct incidents
- Protect hardware (routers, switches, firewalls), software, & intellectual property
- Protect data centers & cloud computing
Q: How will the training be delivered or conducted?
A: Radiant Telelearning offers customized training delivery solutions for individuals, teams & businesses depending on their requirements. Here is how we assist each one through our diverse formats.
Dedicated Classroom Training program
Onsite: Our expert will travel to you to deliver the training program at a location that is convenient for you in order to meet the needs and expectations of our corporate clients throughout the world.
Offsite: Our clients & Individual professionals across the world travel to India to attend our classroom training sessions. We assist them with services like accommodation, Airport picks & drop, daily cab & Visa assistance.
Public Batches: Corporate and individual professionals from all over the world are welcome to nominate themselves or their staff members for our public classroom or online batches. To ensure individualized attention, we would only allow a small number of people to participate in our public collections. You gain knowledge from everyone's experience because the participants come from various backgrounds and businesses.
On-the-Job Learning: Our team of consultants would help you to execute end-to-end projects & simultaneously understand the technology.
Q: What are the different learning options or training modes available?
A: Radiant Telelearning offers customized solutions & training programs for individuals, teams & businesses depending on their requirements. Here is how we help each one through our diverse formats.
Individuals / One-O-One Training
- Focused learning sessions
- Programmed scheduling according to your choice
- Get personalized attention
- Choose what technology interests you
Teams: Enroll for our Classroom or online Public Batches
- Get our specialized updated content for different skill levels
- Get on-dem& learning & solve problems quickly
- Get assistance from the ground level through sequential learning
- Get customized training programmed & solutions that can be curated especially for your business
- Meet the needs of all learners
- Allow your employees to be geared up for all kinds of problem-solving
- Inspire your teams for future
- Update your employees with the latest information stretching from technology, and business leadership to marketing
Q: Who will be the instructor of the training program?
A: Radiant Telelearning has a large pool of in-house certified trainers & consultants with strong backgrounds & working experience in the technology.
Radiant Telelearning offers more than 800+ courses & for each class, Radiant has identified best-in-class instructors.
The Technology Trainers & Consultants who deliver training programs are chosen by Radiant based on very stringent criteria. Before joining the company, our trainers and consultants go through demanding technical, behavioral, and assessment processes.
Our Technology experts/trainers & consultants carry deep-dive knowledge in the technical subject & are certified by the OEM. Our faculty will provide you with the ability of each course from the fundamental level in an easy way & you are free to ask your doubts any time your respective faculty.
Our trainers have patience & ability to explain complex concepts simplistically with depth & width of knowledge.
Q: What is the schedule of the training program?
A: Radiant Telelearning offers training programs on weekdays, weekends & a combination of weekdays & weekends. You can always choose the schedule that best suits your need.