Data Center Fabric with EVPN & VXLAN (ADCX)
This five-day course provides in-depth instruction on IP fabric & EVPN–VXLAN data center design & configuration. Additionally, the course covers other data center concepts, including basic & advanced data center design options, including collapsed spine & super spine architectures, Data Center Interconnect (DCI), EVPN multicast enhancements, & seamless EVPN–VXLAN stitching. Through demonstrations & hands-on labs, students will gain experience with these features. This content is based on QFX running Junos OS Release 21.R1.9
Duration: 4 days(40 Hours)
After completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Explain & configure an IP fabric.
- Explain & configure an EVPN–VXLAN data center.
- Explain & configure enhanced loop protection.
- Explain & configure centrally-routed bridging (CRB) EVPN–VXLAN.
- Explain & configure edge-routed bridging (ERB) EVPN–VXLAN.
- Explain & configure filter-based forwarding.
- Explain & configure seamless EVPN–VXLAN stitching.
- Explain basic & advanced data center design concepts.
- Explain & configure Data Center Interconnect (DCI).
- Explain enhancements to multicast Functionality in an EVPN–VXLAN.
The prerequisites for this course include the following:
- Understanding of the OSI model
- Junos Enterprise Switching (JEX) course or equivalent intermediate switching knowledge
- Advanced Junos Enterprise Routing (AJER) course or equivalent advanced routing knowledge is strongly recommended
- Intermediate-level to advanced-level Junos CLI experience
The primary audiences for this course include:
- Data center implementation engineers
- Data center design engineers
Module 1: Course Introduction
Module 2: Modern Architectures
- Traditional Multitier Architecture Challenges
- Next-Generation Data Center Fabrics
Module 3: IP Fabric Underlay Routing
- IP Fabric Overview
- IP Fabric Routing
Module 4: IP Fabric Underlay Scaling
- Properly Scaling an IP Fabric
Module 5: IP Fabric Underlay Configuration
- OSPF-Based Underlay Configuration
- EBGP-Based Underlay Configuration
- IP Fabric
Module 6: VXLAN Overview
- Layer 2 Interconnection on a Layer 3 Network
- VXLAN Fundamentals
Module 7: Controller-Less VXLAN Overview
- Control Plane & Data Plane of VXLAN in a Controller-Less Overlay
Module 8: VXLAN Gateways
- Purpose & Function of VXLAN Gateways
Module 9: EVPN Overview
- EVPN Functionality
- EVPN Control in a VXLAN Deployment
Module 10: EVPN Protocol
- EVPN Routing & Bridging
- Managing Devices
Module 11: Configuring EVPN–VXLAN
- EVPN-Controlled VXLAN Configuration
- Configure EVPN–VXLAN
Module 12: Enhanced Loop Protection
- Loop Potential
- Loop-Detect Protocol Configuration
Module 13: MAC VRF Overview
- The Benefits of Deploying MAC VRFs
- Data Center Architectures Available for MAC
- MAC VRF Design Options
Module 14: MAC-VRF Configuration
- MAC-VRF Deployment Requirements
- MAC-VRF Use Case
- Common Parameters
- VLAN-Based MAC-VRF Configuration
- VLAN-Aware MAC-VRF Configuration
- VLAN-Bundle MAC-VRF Configuration
- Configure VLAN-Based MAC VRF
Module 15: Basic Data Center Architectures
- Basic Data Center Architectures & Deployment Scenarios
Module 16: Configuring Centrally Routed Bridging
- Centrally Routed Bridging
- Centrally Routed Bridging Configuration
- Configure CRB
Module 17: Configuring Edge Routed Bridging
- EVPN–VXLAN Reference Architectures Overview
- ERB Configuration
- ERB Verification
- Configure ERB
Module 18: Configuring a Collapsed Fabric
- Collapsed Spine Architecture
- Collapsed Spine Configuration & Implementation
Module 19: Filter-Based Forwarding
- Filter-Based Forwarding Overview
- Filter-Based Forwarding Configuration
- Filter-Based Forwarding Verification
- Implementing Filter-Based Forwarding
Module 20: Super Spine Configuration
- Super Spine Architecture
- Super Spine Configuration
Module 21: EVPN Multicast Extensions
- Multicast Extensions to EVPN
Module 22: EVPN Multicast Configuration
- EVPN Multicast Configuration
Module 23: EVPN Multicast-Assisted Replication
- The Potential Problem with EVPN Multicast
- EVPN Multicast Use Case
- Assisted Replication Overview
- Assisted Replication Configuration
- Assisted Replication with SMET
Module 24: DCI Overview
- The Purpose of DCI
Module 25: DCI EVPN–VXLAN
- DCI with EVPN–VXLAN
Module 26: Configuring DCI
- DCI Configuration on Spine Devices
- DCI Configuration on Leaf Devices
- DCI Operations Verification
- Data Center Interconnect
Module 27: Seamless EVPN–VXLAN Stitching
- Seamless EVPN VXLAN Stitching Overview
- Design Options
- Packet Walkthrough
Module 28: Configuring Seamless EVPN–VXLAN Stitching
- Seamless EVPN–VXLAN Stitching Configuration
- Seamless EVPN–VXLAN Stitching Verification
- Implementing Seamless EVPN–VXLAN Stitching
Module A: Appendix: Virtual Chassis Fabric
- VCF Key Concepts & Components
- VCF Control Plane & Forwarding Plane
Module B: Appendix: Virtual Chassis Fabric Management
- VCF Management Using the CLI
- Dynamic Provision of a VCF
- VCF Preprovisioning & Auto-provisioning
- Software Requirements & Upgrades
Module C: Appendix: Zero-Touch Provisioning
- ZTP Overview
- QFX5100 Series Switch Configuration Using ZTP
Module D: Appendix: Troubleshooting Basics
Module E: Appendix: Data Center Devices
- Fixed Format Platforms
- Modular Platforms
- Virtual Platforms
- Data Center Deployment or Management
- Layer 3 Fabrics
- EVPN VXLAN Signaling
- Data Center Interconnect
- Data Center Architecture & Security
Required exams: JNCIP-DC certification exam
Q: What is the difference between a data center & server?
A: A server room is any room that happens to be mainly used to store multiple servers. A data center is a complete building dedicated to (&, in most cases, specially designed to) contain & support a large amount of computing hardware. The main difference between the two is size, but it is linked to creation, scale & purpose.
Q: What does network design mean?
A: Network design is a kind of systems design that mainly deals with data transport mechanisms. The distance between physical connections often dictates the technology used to facilitate data transmission.
Q: What infrastructure is required to participate in your training program?
A: To attend the training session, professionals should have operational Desktops or Laptops with the required specification and a good internet connection to access the labs.
Q: What if I miss a class on a particular day?
A: We always recommend that you attend the live session to practice and clarify your doubts in real-time, allowing you to get the most out of your investment. If, for some reason, you must miss the class; Radiant Techlearning will assist you with the recorded session for that day. Those recorded sessions, however, are only for personal consumption and are NOT for distribution or commercial use.
Q: What if I miss a class on a particular day?
A: Radiant Techlearning has a data center containing a Virtual Training environment for participant hand-on-practice.Participants can easily access these labs over Cloud with the help of a remote desktop connection.Radiant virtual labs allow you to learn from anywhere in the world & in any time zone.
Q: What kind of projects are included as a part of training?
A: The learners will be enthralled as we engage them the real-world & industry Oriented projects during the training program. These projects will improve your skills & knowledge & you will gain a better experience. These real-time projects will help you a lot in your future tasks & assignments.
Q: How will the training be delivered or conducted?
Radiant Telelearning offers customized training delivery solutions for individuals, teams & businesses depending on their requirements. Here is how we help each one through our diverse formats.
Dedicated Classroom Training program
Onsite: To meet the needs & expectations of our corporate clients worldwide, our expert will travel to your location to deliver the training program at a premise of your choice & convenience.
Offsite: Our clients & Individual professionals across the world travel to India to attend our classroom training sessions. We assist them with services like accommodation, Airport picks & drop, daily cab & Visa assistance.
Public Batches: Corporates & Individual professionals across the world can nominate their employees or themselves in our classroom or online public batches. Our public collections would have a limited number of participants to ensure individual attention. As the participants are from different backgrounds & companies, you learn from everyone’s experience.
On-the-Job Learning: Our team of consultants would help you to execute end-to-end projects & simultaneously learn the technology.
Q: What are the different learning options or training modes available?
A: Radiant Telelearning offers customized solutions & training programs for individuals, teams & businesses depending on their requirements. Here is how we assist each one through our diverse formats.
Individuals / One-O-One Training
- Focused learning sessions
- Programmed scheduling according to your choice
- Choose what technology interests you
- Get personalized attention
Teams: Enroll in our public classroom or online batches.
- Get on-dem& learning & solve problems quickly
- Get our specialized updated content for different skill levels
- Obtain assistance from the ground up by using sequential learning.
- Get customized training programmed & solutions that can be curated especially for your business
- Meet the needs of all learners
- Let your employees be geared up for all kinds of problem-solving
- Inspire your teams for future
- Update your employees with the latest information stretching from technology, and business leadership to marketing
Q: Who will be the instructor of the training program?
A: Radiant Telelearning has a large pool of in-house certified trainers & consultants with strong backgrounds & working experience in the technology.
Radiant Telelearning offers more than 800+ courses & for each class, Radiant has identified best-in-class instructors.
Radiant has highly intensive selection criteria for Technology Trainers & Consultants who deliver training programs. Our trainers & consultants undergo rigorous technical & behavioral interviews & assessment processes before they board the company.
Our Technology experts/trainers & consultants carry deep-dive knowledge in the technical subject & are certified by the OEM. Our faculty will provide you with the ability of each course from the fundamental level in an easy way & you are free to ask your doubts any time your respective faculty.
Our trainers have the patience & ability to explain complex concepts simplistically with depth & width of knowledge.
Q: What is the schedule of the training program?
A: Radiant Telelearning offers training programs on weekdays, weekends & a combination of weekdays & weekends. You can always choose the schedule that best suits your need.