This Oracle BI 12c: Build Repositories training teaches professionals way to build and verify the three layers of an Oracle Business Intelligence (BI) repository, step-by-step. Expert Oracle University instructors will begin by teaching professionals way to use the Oracle BI Administration Tool to construct a simple repository.
Radiant Teachlearning offers Oracle BI 12c: Build Repositories Training Program in Classroom and Virtual instructor Led/Online mode.
Duration: 5 days
- Construct the repository.
- Import schemas.
- Design and build logical business models.
- Expose business models to users in the Oracle BI user interface.
- Build physical and logical joins, simple measures, and calculation measures.
- Validate your work by creating and running analyses.
- Verify query results using the query log.
- Implement Oracle BI Server security.
- Manage the Oracle BI Server cache.
- Set up a multi-user development environment.
- Model partitions and fragments to improve application performance and usability
- Use variables to streamline administrative tasks and modify metadata content dynamically
- Use time series functions to support historical time comparison analyses
- Set up security to authenticate users and assign appropriate permissions and privileges
- Apply cache management techniques to maintain and enhance query performance
- Set up query logging for testing and debugging
- Set up a multiuser development environment
- Use the Administration Tool wizards and utilities to manage, maintain, and enchance repositories
- Enable usage tracking to track queries and database usage, and improve query performance
- Perform a patch merge in a development-to-production scenario
- Build the Physical, Business Model and Mapping, and Presentation layers of a repository
- Build and run analyses to test and validate a repository
- Use Business Application Archive (BAR) files to move Oracle BI between environments
- Build simple and calculated measures for a fact table
- Create logical dimension hierarchies and level-based measures
- Check the model and then model aggregate tables to speed query processing
Benefits to You
By taking this training program, professionals will walk away with the ability to extend the initial repository and model more complex business needs, including: multiple logical table sources, logical dimension hierarchies, partitions, aggregate tables, and time series data. Professionals will have developed the experience to use Administration Tool wizards and utilities to manage, maintain, and optimized repositories. Finally, professionals will be exposed to more advanced topics, like bridge tables, patch merge, usage tracking, implicit fact columns, and managing service instances.