This training program teaches professionals through the basics of utilizing IBM SPSS Statistics for normal information investigation process. Professionals will become familiar with the fundamentals of understanding information, information definition, information adjustment, and information examination and introduction of investigative outcomes. Professionals will likewise perceive that it is so natural to get information into IBM SPSS Statistics with the goal that they can concentrate on dissecting the data. Notwithstanding the essentials, professionals will learn alternate routes that will assist them with sparing time. This course utilizes the IBM SPSS Statistics Base highlights.
Radiant Techlearning offers IBM SPSS Statistics Essentials (V25) training program in Classroom & Virtual Instructor Led/Online Mode.
Duration: 16 Hours
On completion of this course, professionals should be able to:
- Overview of IBM SPSS Statistics
- Read data and define metadata
- Transform variables
- Use functions to compute variables
- Set the unit of analysis
- Merge data files
- Select cases for analyses
- Summarize individual variables
- Explain relationships between variables
- Create presentation-ready tables with Custom Tables
- Customize pivot tables
- Create and customize charts
- Work with syntax
- Control the IBM SPSS Statistics environment
In order to benefit from this course, professionals should have prior:
- Experience with IBM SPSS Statistics is not necessary, though a basic understanding of purpose and functions of the software is helpful.
- No statistical background is necessary.
- Anyone who is new to using a statistical package for data analysis.
- Anyone who is considering purchasing IBM SPSS Statistics
- Anyone with little or no experience in using IBM SPSS Statistics.
Module 1 Introduction to IBM SPSS Statistics
- Review basic concepts in IBM SPSS Statistics
- Recognise the steps in the research process
- Review basic analyses
- Use Help
Module 2 Read data and define metadata
- Overview of data sources
- Read data from databases
- Read data from Microsoft Excel
- Define variable properties
Module 3 Transform variables
- Compute new variables
- Recode values of nominal, ordinal, and scale variables
- Create a numeric variable from a string variable
- Explore advanced variable transformations
Module 4 Use functions to compute variables
- Use statistical functions
- Use logical functions
- Use missing value functions
- Use conversion functions
- Use system variables
- Use the Data and Time Wizard
Module 5 Set the unit of analysis
- Remove duplicate cases
- Create aggregated datasets
- Restructure datasets
Module 6 Merge data files
- Add cases from one dataset to another
- Add variables from one dataset to another
- Enrich a dataset with aggregated information
Module 7 Select cases for analyses
- Select case for an analysis
- Run analyses for subgroups
Module 8 Summarize individual variables
- Define levels of measurement
- Summarizing categorical variables with Frequencies
- Summarizing scale variables with Frequencies and Descriptive
- Explain relationship between variables
- Select the appropriate procedure to summarize the relationship between two variables
- Summarize the relationship between categorical variables with Crosstabs
- Summarize the relationship between a scale and a categorical variable with Means
Module 9 Create presentation-ready tables with Custom Tables
- Recognise table layouts
- Create tables for variables with shared categorical
- Create tables for variables that represent a multiple response question
Module 10 Customize pivot tables
- Perform Automated Output Modification
- Customize pivot tables in the Pivot Table Editor
- Use table templates
- Export pivot tables to other applications
Module 11 Create and customize charts
- Use the Chart Builder to create various types of graphs
- Customize charts in the Chart Editor
- Use chart templates
- Export pivot tables to other applications
Module 12 Work with syntax
- Use syntax to automate analyses
- Use the Syntax Editor environment
- Create and edit syntax
- Run syntax
Module 13 Control the IBM SPSS Statistics environment
- Explain the features of the Options dialog box
- Reset the display of variables
- Set the default working data folders
Q: What is SPSS?
A: SPSS Statistics is a software package that is used for interactive, statistical analysis. It offers advanced statistical analysis and a vast library of machine learning algorithms, text analysis, integration with big data and many more.
Q: What are the advantages of SPSS statistics?
A: It has many advantages like:
- With this one can analyse, understand data and solve complex problems through user friendly interface
- One can easily select and manage software with flexible deployment options.
- One can understand large and complex data sets with advanced statistical procedures.
Q: Who should take this course?
A: Anyone with little or no experience in using IBM SPSS Statistics, who is new to using a statistical package for data analysis, who is considering purchasing IBM SPSS Statistics. Experience with IBM SPSS Statistics is not necessary, though a basic understanding of purpose and functions of the software is helpful., no statistical background is necessary.
Q: Name the core functions of SPSS?
A: They are:
- Statistics program
- Modeler program
- Text analytics for survey program
- Virtualization designer
Q: What is SPSS modeler?
A: SPSS Modeler is a graphical data science and predictive analytics platform which allows users to deploy insights at scale. This tool supports the complete data science cycle that is from data understanding to deployment.
Q: How is the Radiant Techlearning verified certificate awarded?
A: Radiant awards course completion certificate to all the participants who have completed the training program which includes various real time projects, assignments, quizzes and some other tasks. Once the course is done you would be assigned with a project which you would have to submit in 2 weeks’ time.
Radiant Techlearning experts will be evaluating the project on various parameter. To be eligible for the verified certificate you would have to score more than 60% marks.
Only after completion of these criteria you would be awarded with Radiant verified certificate and which the participants can use for their future job purpose.
Participants will be awarded with grades according to the following criteria:
90% – 100% – AAA+
80% – 90% – AA+
70% – 80% – A+
60% – 70% – A
Q: What is the infrastructure required to attend your training program?
A: To attend the training session, you should have an operational Desktops or Laptops with required specification along with good internet connection to access the labs.
Q: What if I miss a class on a particular day?
A: We would always recommend you to attend the live session to practice & clarify the doubts instantly and get more value from your investment. However, if due to some contingency if you have to skip the class Radiant Techlearning would help you with the recorded session of that particular day. However, those recorded sessions are not meant only for personal consumption and NOT for distribution or any commercial use.
Q: How I will be accessing the labs?
A: Radiant Techlearning has a data centre containing the Virtual Training environment for the purpose of participant’s hand-on-practice.
Participants can easily access these labs over Cloud with the help of remote desktop connection.
Radiant virtual labs provide you the flexibility to learn from anywhere in the world and in any time zone.
Q: What kind of projects are included as a part of training?
A: The learners will be enthralled as we engage them the real world and industry Oriented projects during the training program. These projects will improve your skills and knowledge and you will gain better experience. These real time projects, they will help you a lot in your future tasks and assignments.