This training program provides professionals with data about the elements of IBM’s DB2, a social database director which might be introduced under an assortment of working frameworks on numerous equipment platforms.DB2 runs under the z/OS, VM, Linux, UNIX, and Windows working frameworks, to name a few. The course incorporates conversation of how the DB2 items offer types of assistance. The attention is on the administrations DB2 furnishes and how we work with DB2, not on its inner operations.
Radiant Techlearning offers DB2 Family Fundamentals training program in Classroom & Virtual Instructor Led/Online Mode.
Duration: 16 Hours
On completion of this course, professionals should be able to:
- List and describe the major components of IBM’s relational database, DB2
- Explain the characteristics of a DB2 table
- Relate the basic concepts of data modeling
- Comprehend the processing instructions given to DB2 via simple SQL statements
- List and describe several ways to build (write) and execute SQL statements
- List and describe steps needed to imbed SQL statements in an application program
- Explain some of the functions performed by, and the responsibilities of, database and system administrators
- Establish a base for more specialized DB2 education
In order to benefit from this course, professionals should have prior knowledge in:
- Basic knowledge in data processing
This fundamental course is for people requiring a starting information on DB2, and people getting ready for cutting edge and concentrated DB2 instruction.
Module 1 Understanding a Table
- Identify the advantages of a relational database
- Define a relation
- Name the language used to talk to a relational database manager (RDBM)
- List three characteristics assigned to each column
- Define the tasks performed by DB2 when running an application
- Define the roles that are performed within DB2
Module 2 Data Modelling and Database Design
- State the purpose of a business model
- Identify an Entity-Relational Diagram (ERD) model
- List several DB2 column data types
- Identify non-standard column and table names
- Identify the characteristics of a primary key and a foreign key
- State the purpose of referential integrity
- State the purpose of triggers
Module 3 How does a User use DB2?
- List several ways to talk to DB2
- List multiple ways to generate an SQL statement
- List several ways to ADD, REMOVE, or CHANGE table rows
- List several ways to READ data and produce reports
Module 4 How does a Programmer use DB2?
- List the steps needed to create a test environment
- List the necessary steps to coding SQL in a program
- Describe the purpose of SQL delimiters
- Describe the purpose of an SQLCA
- List the steps involved in preparing a program for execution
- State the differences between static and dynamic SQL
Module 5 What does an Administrator do in DB2?
- List some of the tasks performed by a DB2 System Administrator: Identifying the DB2 product, Installing DB2, creating subsystems/instances, databases and table spaces, Authorizing, and Monitoring
- List some of the tasks performed by a DB2 Database Administrator: Creating, altering and dropping tables, views and indexes, planning locking strategies, running utility jobs and Authorizing
Module 6 Information Management with DB2
- List several planning considerations for distributing data
- List some of the skills required to successfully distribute data
- Differentiate between remote unit of work, distributed unit of work, and distributed request
- List some of the security concerns when dealing with distributed data
- List some of the other products that interface with DB2
Q: Explain about DB2 family fundamentals?
A: The course provides the individuals with information about the functions of IBM and of DB2, and even the knowledge of relational database manager which is installed under a variety of operating systems on many hardware platforms.
Q: What is relational database?
A: A relational database is a database type. It uses a structure which allows to access and identify data in relation to another piece of data in the database. The data in a relational database is organized into tables.
Q: What is relational database management system?
A: A relational database management system (RDBMS) is a program which allows one to create, administer, and update a relational database. Most of the relational database management systems generally use SQL to access the database.
Q: Explain about SQCLA.
A: SQCLA is known as SQL communication area. SQCLA has all information like return code, error id, error details. It needs to be included in the COBOL+DB2 that acts like a communication area between COBOL and DB2 to validate SQLs execution.
Q: What are information management tools?
A: Information Management tools helps to manage enterprise data, and data-driven applications. IBM Data Server Manager is integrated database management tools platform which is used for DB2 for z/OS subsystems.
Q: Where is Radiant Techlearning Located?
A: Radiant Techlearning is headquartered in Electronic city & technology hub of Northern India, Noida, which is surrounded by several large multinational, medium & small Software companies.
We have our offices located all across the country and partners across the globe.
Q: Who will be the instructor of training program?
A: Radiant Techlearning has large pool of in-house certified trainers & consultants with strong background and working experience on the technology.
Radiant Techlearning offers more than 800+ courses and for each course Radiant have identified best-in-class instructors.
Radiant has highly intensive selection criteria for Technology Trainers & Consultants, who deliver you training programs. Our trainers & consultants undergo rigorous technical and behavioural interview and assessment process before they are on boarded in the company.
Our Technology experts / trainers & consultant carry deep dive knowledge in the technical subject & are certified from the OEM. Our faculty will provide you the knowledge of each course from fundamental level in an easy way and you are free to ask your doubts any time from your respective faculty.
Our trainers have patience and ability to explain difficult concepts in simplistic way with depth and width of knowledge.
Q: What is the schedule of the training program?
A: Radiant Techlearning offers training program on the weekday, weekend and a combination of weekdays and weekends. You can always choose the schedule that best suits to your need.
Q: When the training would be conducted?
A: Once we receive your enrollment request, we will share the enrollment details with you to select and complete the enrollment process.
You can always email us on the below email address (whichever applicable) to know the upcoming schedule for a specific technology training program.
Q: Will I get course completion certificate?
A: The course completion certification would be awarded to all the professionals, who have completed the training program and the project assignment given by your instructor.
You can use the certificate in your future job interviews will surely help you to land in your dream job.