This training program teaches professionals to perform, fundamental and advanced, database managerial undertakings utilizing DB2 10.5 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows. These undertakings incorporate making and populating databases and executing a consistent structure to help recuperation prerequisites. The entrance systems chose by the DB2 Optimizer will be inspected utilizing the DB2 Explain apparatuses. Different symptomatic techniques will be introduced, including utilizing different db2pd order alternatives. Understudies will figure out how to execute programmed recorded for database logs and how to design a diverted database re-establish to migrate either chosen table spaces or a whole database. The REBUILD choice of RESTORE, which can fabricate a database duplicate with a subset of the tablespaces, will be talked about. We will likewise cover utilizing the TRANSPORT alternative of RESTORE to duplicate diagrams of items between two DB2 databases. The choice of lists to improve application execution and the utilization of SQL articulations to follow database execution and wellbeing will be secured. This course gives a snappy beginning to DB2 database organization aptitudes for experienced social Database Administrators (DBA).
Radiant Techlearning offers DB2 10 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows Quickstart for Experienced Relational DBAs training program in Classroom & Virtual Instructor Led/Online Mode.
Duration: 32 Hours
On competition of this course, professionals should be able to:
- Administer a DB2 database system using commands and GUI tools like IBM Data Studio
- Compare DMS and Automatic storage management for table space storage
- Implement a given logical database design using DB2 to support integrity and concurrency requirements
- Compare the features available with different DB2 LUW product editions
- Select the appropriate DB2 client software to support application client or server systems
- Define a DB2 recovery strategy and perform the tasks necessary to support the strategy
- Use autonomic features of DB2 for collection of table and index statistics
- Implement DB2 security
- Select indexes to support application performance requirements
- Explore the DB2 recovery facilities and database configuration options
- Perform the implementation of automated archival and retrieval of database logs
- Plan for supporting database and disaster recovery scenarios using DB2 database and table space backups using the RESTORE command with a REBUILD option
- Select appropriate methods for moving DB2 tables, including ADMIN_MOVE_TABLE, DB2MOVE or the TRANSPORT option of the RESTORE command.
- Utilize the DB2 Explain tools to examine access strategies
- Select the appropriate utility to relocate a database or a portion of a database, including using the RESTORE utility or the db2relocatedb command
- Use the DB2 Design Advisor to analyze SQL statements to suggest new indexes to improve application performance
- Investigate current application activity that might indicate performance problems using SQL statements
- Use the DB2 provided monitor and Functions in SQL to evaluate efficient use of database memory for locks, sorting and package cache
In order to benefit from this course, professionals should have prior:
- Perform basic database administration tasks on a relational database system
- Use basic OS functions such as utilities, file permissions, hierarchical file system, commands, and editor
- State the functions of the Structured Query Language (SQL) and be able to construct DDL, DML, and authorization statements
- Discuss basic relational database concepts and objects such as tables, indexes, views, and joins
Professionals having prior knowledge in the following courses:
- OS Training:
- AIX Basics
- Linux Basics and Administration
- Windows Systems Administration
- HP-UX or Solaris administration experience
- DB2 SQL Workshop
- DB2 Fundamentals
- DBAs and technical individual
Q. What languages are used to deliver training?
A: Most training programs are conducted in English, unless otherwise specified. Some training programs will have the word “FRENCH” marked in red beside the scheduled date(s) indicating the language of instruction.
Q. What is DB2?
A: Db2 Database commonly known as Db2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows is a database server product developed by IBM. Known as Db2 LUW for briefness, it is part of the Db2 family of database products. Db2 LUW is the “Common Server” product member of the Db2 family, created to run on most popular operating systems
Q. What is AIX server?
A: AIX (Advanced Interactive executive) is “an open operating system from IBM that is based on a version of UNIX. AIX/ESA was planned for IBM’s System/390 or large server hardware platform.
Q. What is AIX used for?
A: It is typically used for enterprise servers as well as comes with a robust set of security options such as Kerberos V5 network authentication as well as dynamic secure tunnel authentication. AIX permits the system administrator to divide memory, CPU, and disk access between various jobs.
Q. For whom this training program is Ideal?
A: This advanced training program is for experienced database administrators who plan and implement recovery and high availability plans for DB2 10.5 for Linux, UNIX and Windows databases using single or multiple partition databases.
The lab exercises can be performed with the use of a single partition or a multiple partition database using DB2 Advanced Enterprise Edition10.5 for Linux.
This training program is appropriate for those with the use of DB2 in a z/Linux environment.
Q. What is the schedule of the training program?
A: Radiant Techlearning offers training program on the weekday, weekend and a combination of weekdays and weekends. You can always choose the schedule that best suits to your need.
Q. When the training would be conducted?
A: Once we receive your enrollment request, we will share the enrollment details with you to select and complete the enrollment process.
You can always email us on the below email address (whichever applicable) to know the upcoming schedule for a specific technology training program.
Q. Will I get training program completion certificate?
A: The training program completion certification would be awarded to all the professionals, who have completed the training program and the project assignment given by your instructor.
You can use the certificate in your future job interviews will surely help you to land in your dream job.
Q. What is the infrastructure required to attend your training program?
A: To attend the training session you should have an operational Desktops or Laptops with required specification along with good internet connection to access the labs.
Q. What if I miss a class on a particular day?
A: We would always recommend you to attend the live session to practice & clarify the doubts instantly and get more value from your investment. However, if due to some contingency if you have to skip the class Radiant Techlearning would help you with the recorded session of that particular day. However, those recorded sessions are not meant only for personal consumption and NOT for distribution or any commercial use.