This training program teaches the skills need for maintaining and managing an SAP Ariba Procurement system. Using a combination of demonstrations, lectures, as well as hands-on lab exercises, professionals learn about cloud infrastructure, catalog maintenance, data loads, the Ariba Network, approval rules and new feature implementation.
Radiant Teachlearning offers SAP Ariba Procurement: Administration Training Program in Classroom and Virtual instructor Led/Online mode.
Duration: 2 days
This course will prepare you to:
- Learn about the Ariba Cloud infrastructure and resources, learn about data types and integration methods, learn how to maintain catalogs and approval rules, learn how to enable new features that SAP Ariba develops over time.
Course based on software release
Q: What is a SAP Basis Administrator?
A: SAP basis administrator is a professional responsible for running your SAP landscape.
basis admins handle routine maintenance, operation and upgrades, and play a major role in planning and executing migrants and other major products.
Q: What does a SAP Administration do?
A: The SAP Basis is the very glue of the SAP Landscape. This creates demand for SAP Basis Administrators. Interested to learn more about what they do? Continue reading as we discuss the role, the responsibilities, skills, salary, and more.
Q: What is SAP basis?
A: SAP Basis is the very foundation of the SAP landscape – the thing that holds it all together. SAP is used by various entities of a business to perform various tasks such as shipping and logistics, manufacturing control, tracking conversions, and more! As the name would suggest, the SAP Basis is particularly used for the maintenance of basic jobs that underline the entire SAP ecosystem. It is also used for base application tasks that includes troubleshooting and change management
Q: What does an SAP Basis Administrator do?
A: SAP Basis administrators work is to ensure all components and systems of the SAP are able to communicate effectively with each other with minimal performance issues. They are charged with administering the SAP Basis by installing updates, analyzing for errors, maintaining the system, etc. Their job is to look after the SAP Basis system running as efficiently as possible.
Q: What are the responsibilities of an SAP Basis Administrator
A: Guided buying increases compliant spend by steering users to contracted preferred suppliers. Non-compliance occurs when the users are unaware of procurement policies. Guided buying notifies all purchasers when a policy is violated at the point a decision is made – not after the transaction has been fully concluded. Users can choose whether they like to proceed with the exception or make an alternate decision that does not violate the policy.
Q: What are the duties required by the administration to perform while monitoring the SAP Basis System?
A: In addition to monitoring and troubleshooting the SAP Basis system, the admin has a wide range of duties:
- Architecting the SAP Environment
- Implementing Best SAP Basis Practices
- User administration
- Managing SAP Transports
- Scheduling Background Jobs
- SAP Tuning
- Disaster Recovery/High Availability
Q: What kind of technical skills does a SAP Administrator needs?
A: Technical skills required by a SAP Administrator needs are:
The role of a SAP Basis administrator requires a myriad of hard skills and is highly technical . These include:
- Troubleshooting and problem solving
- End-user focused approach during the implementation of process improvements
- Ability to aid new SAP upgrades, installations, and maintenance
- Experience with SAP tools such as SAP Net Weaver, JAVA system administration, SAP Solution Manager 7.2 or higher, and ABAP programming.
Q: What kind of soft skills does a SAP Administrator needs?
A: The soft skills required by a SAP Administrator needs are:
SAP Basis Administrators generally spent a lot of their work time in communicating with managers, users and higher management executives, in order to understand requirements and then engineer the system to meet user needs. As such soft skills such as quick thinking, effective communication, and keen analysis skills go a long way.
Q: What all is required by a SAP Administrator?
A: SAP Basis Administrators mainly requires a bachelor’s degree in IT, CS, or Information Systems management. SAP also offers an SAP Certification path that can make SAP Administrators more merchantable. This certification covers SAP products in subfields, such operating systems, as applications, enterprise management, and modules.
Q: What are the basics of basis administration?
A: Basics of basis administration:
- Daily maintenance : Basis admins review logs, troubleshoot errors and ensure your system is functioning in a good condition.
- Job scheduling : Your system needs to perform various automatic background job which consume resources.
- Planning head : Ideally, admin should perform needed adjustments to the landscape before end users are impacted.
- Projects: The SAP basis administration is in charge of transport management . They also have to ensure that they are installed in proper order.