This one-day instructor-led training program is designed for IT managers and IT professionals who supervise with the Active Directory or work IT professionals that work with the Active Directory. In addition, IT professionals that work with products that integrate with the Active Directory for example exchange can also benefit. In this training program, professionals learn how and why Active Directory was developed by Microsoft, the basic architecture, fundamental design, management, as well as security and basics for cloud integration with services like Azure.
Radiant Teachlearning offers Basics of Active Directory Training Program in Classroom and Virtual instructor Led/Online mode.
Duration: 1 day
After completing this training program, professionals will be able to:
- Acknowledging the industry standards utilized in the Active Directory and their benefits.
- Recognize functionality of Active Directory Replication mechanisms and Domain Controllers.
- Acknowledging Forest, Domain and OU structure.
- Recognize and acknowledge the role of the Active Directory Sites.
- Skills required to determining Forest, Domain Functional levels and Domain Controller Server versions.
- Describe authentication Mechanisms in the Kerberos and Active Directory NTLM.
- Optimize and maintain Group Policy Objects (GPO) used in Active Directory.
- Acknowledging the functioning of Active Directory Partitions and the Global Catalog.
- Basic acknowledging of using Active Directory with Cloud Services like Federation Services and Azure.
- Fundamental acknowledging of networking concepts.
- Fundamental Windows understanding.
- Fundamental acknowledging of security concepts such as authentication and authorization
This training program is designed for both experienced as well as novice IT professionals, Network Administrators new to the Active Directory, Managers that oversee IT personnel, Help Desk Personnel, Desktop Support Personal, Network Support Personal, Developers that create products that interact with Active Directory and Exchange Administrators.
Lesson 1: Principles of Active Directory
This lesson lays the basic groundwork for acknowledging all major principles of active directory from management and design to integrating with other forests and the cloud. All of the foundational standards and terminology utilized in Active Directory are clearly explained and defined.
- Development of Active Directory
- What is X.500
- Active Directory Architecture
- NTLM and Kerberos
- Managing and maintaining operating systems with Workplace Join, InTune and GPOs
- Active Directory Groups: Global, Universal and Domain Local
- Using and Managing Active Directory Domain Controllers
- Forest and Domain Functional Levels
- Introduction to the Global Catalog and Active Directory Partitions
- Fundamental Forest Structure and Design
- Fundamental Domain Structure and Design
- Fundamental OU Structure and Design
- Describe primary editions and features of Active Directory
- Acknowledging all of the principle components of Active Directory including Sites, Domains, OUs and their use.
- Describe the authentication mechanisms used by Active Directory and how they are implemented.
- Acknowledging the common design scenarios utilized when executing Active Directory.
- Describe the techniques utilized by Active Directory to manage and maintain network resources and computers.
Lesson 2: Basics of WAN management with Active Directory
This lesson explains how to use the wide area networking features of Active Directory such as Active Directory Sites and Site Link Objects to control and manage replication, login traffic and site aware applications.
- Acknowledging AD Sites and WAN Traffic Management
- Fundamental AD Sites and Logon Traff
- Introduction to AD Sites and Replication Traffic
- Bridgehead Servers and Site Link Objects
- Site Aware Applications
- Describe the key features, in Active Directory used to manage WAN logon and replication traffic.
- Acknowledging the function of the Understanding Consistency Checker and the Inter-Site Topology Generator.
- Basics of WAN design with Active Directory.
- Resolve common WAN traffic issues.
Lesson 3: Introduction to Active Directory Group Policy Object
This lesson explains Active Directory Group Policy, how it functions, how it is used and the basic features and limitations. Professionals will acknowledge all major features of GPOs and how they can be effectively implemented to avoid common issues.
- Introduction to Group Policy
- Administrative Templates
- Basic Concepts of GPO Scripts
- Introduction to Creating and Using GPOs
- Principles of Managing Multiple GPOs
- Block, Enforce and Inheritance
- GPOs and Active Directory Versions
- Introduction to Controlling and Installing Software with GPOs, SRP and App Locker
- Describe the key features, editions, and hardware requirements Active Directory Group Policy.
- Principles of managing multiple GPOs and inheritance.
- Upgrade and Migrate to new Administrative Templates.
- Acknowledging Block, Enforce, GPO scripts and container linking.
- Introduction to software installation with GPOs and application control.
- Resolve common issues
Lesson 4: Principles of Active Directory Integration
This lesson explains how Active Directory can be integrated and used with other Active Directory Forests, X.500 Realms, LDAP services and Cloud services.
- Active Directory and “The Cloud”
- User Principle Names, Authentication and Active Directory Federated Services
- Active Directory and “The Cloud”
Lab: What version of the Active Directory are professionals running?
- Determine server operating system version of the Domain Controller
- Determine Domain Functional Level
- Determine Forest Functional Level
- Raise Domain and Forest Functional Level
- Create a logical Active Directory Diagram
Lab: Authenticate with a UPN logon
- Login and Authenticate utilizing both User Principle Name login methods and Pre-Windows 2000.
- Acknowledging the limitations and use of the Active Directory authentication methods.
Lab: Explore Active Directory Objects and Utilities
- Explore and utilize the Computers Utility and the Active Directory Users
- Create users, delegate rights and OU containers as well as permissions
- Explore the Active Directory Administrative Center.
- Acknowledging common issues.
Lab: Explore the default GPO configuration
- Explore and utilize Group Policy Management Editor
- Explore and acknowledging the settings in the default Active Directory GPOs
Lab: Make your own GPO
- Create a new Group Policy Object using the Group Policy Management Editor
- Apply and test application of the new GPO
- Describe the key features of Active Directory that can be used for extra WAN resource sharing
- Acknowledging the term Cloud and the advantage of Cloud services.
- Acknowledging the principles of Authentication outside of an Active Directory Forest.
- Describe the role of Kerberos, Single Sign On and User Principle Names.
- Experience and use the principle Active Directory management tools described in the training program.
- Create, edit and apply a Group Policy Object.
Q: What is Active Directory basics?
A: Active Directory (AD) is a directory service developed by Microsoft for Windows domain networks. It is mainly included in various Windows Server operating systems as a set of processes as well as services. In general, Active Directory was only one in charge of centralized domain management.
Q: Why is Active Directory needed?
A: Active Directory helps you organize your organization’s users, computer and more. Your IT admin generally uses AD to organize your organization’s complete hierarchy from which computers belong on which network and to what your profile picture looks like or which users have access to the storage room. Active Directory is quite popular.
Q: What is Active Directory structure?
A: Designing your logical structure for Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) involves defining the relationships between the containers in your directory. AD DS generally allows administrators to organize elements of a network (like users, computers, and devices) into a hierarchical containment structure.
Q: How do I access Active Directory?
A: Your Active Directory Search Base
- Select Start > Administrative Tools > Active Directory Users and Computers.
- In the Active Directory Users and Computers tree, find and select your domain name.
- Expand the tree to find the path through your Active Directory hierarchy.
Q: What if I/we have doubts after attending your training program?
A: Radiant team of experts would be available on the email Support@radianttechlearning.com to answer your technical queries, even after the training program.
We also conduct a 3 – 4 hours online session after 2 weeks of the training program, to respond on your queries & project assigned to you.
Q: If I face technical difficulty during the class what should I do?
A: Technical issues are unpredictable and might occur with you as well. Participants have to ensure that they have the system with required configuration with good internet speed to access online labs.
If the problem still persists or you face any challenge during the class then you can report to us or your trainer. In that case Radiant would provide you the recorded session of that particular day. However, those recorded sessions are not meant only for personal consumption and NOT for distribution or any commercial use.
Q: Does this training program include any project?
A: Yes, Radiant will provide you the most updated, high valued and relevant real time projects and case studies in each training program.
We included projects in each training program from fundamental level to advance level so that you don’t have to face any difficulty in future. You will work on highly exciting projects and that will upgrade your skill, knowledge and industry experience.
Q: How the training will be delivered or conducted?
A: Radiant Techlearning offers customized training delivery solutions for individuals, teams and businesses depending upon what they require. Here is how we help each one through our diverse formats.
Dedicated Classroom Training program
Onsite: To meet the needs & expectations of our corporate clients all over the world, our expert will travel all the way to your location to deliver the training program at a premise of your choice & convenience.
Offsite: Our client and Individual professionals across the world travel all the way to India to attend our classroom training sessions. We assist them in services like accommodation, Airport pick & drop, daily cab & Visa assistance.
Public Batches: Corporates & Individual professionals across the world can nominate their employees or themselves in our classroom or online public batches. Our public batches would have limited number of participants to ensure individual attention. As the participants are from different background and companies, you learn from everyone’s experience.
On-the-Job Learning: Our team of consultant would help you to execute end-to-end project and simultaneously learn the technology.